Posted 2 months ago ago
Dog inside car (Image: Matthias Hiekel/ Getty)
Temperatures have soared recently and there have been multiple warnings about leaving dogs in cars because they get way too hot for them to cope.
When two dogs were stuck inside a hot car in Essex at the weekend, it wasn’t done on purpose – their owner had accidentally locked them in.
Fortunately, they were rescued by firefighters before the incident proved fatal.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said they were called to Ingrave Road in Brentwood at 11.40am on Sunday.
They said: “Two dogs were rescued from a hot car in Brentwood after they were inadvertently locked inside.
“The dogs, both of which were Shih Tzus, including one which was pregnant, became trapped after the owner accidentally left keys inside the vehicle.
“Firefighters managed to release the animals by 12.05pm. Fortunately, neither dog was harmed and both were left in the care of their owner.”
They added: “If you're travelling with your pet this week, please don't leave them in your car. It's incredibly dangerous in the hot weather.”